Monday, November 15, 2010

Need

Need by Carrie Jones

Summary (adapted from book jacket)
Zara White suspects there's a freaky guy semi-stalking her.  Turns out, he's not a figment of her imagination.  In fact, he is following her and leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust.  There's something not right - not human - in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs point to Zara.

Personal Thoughts
While I liked this novel, it had a definite Twilight-esque feel to it.  Girl moves from warm, sunny place to cold, dreary place.  Finds a couple of good friends and cute guys.  The guys are both into her...yadda, yadda, yadda.  However, at this point, it turns a little different in the fact that she's chasing down pixies as opposed to making out with vampires.  While it wasn't overly dramatic or spine-tingling, I found that it was a good read that I didn't want to abandon.  I'm eager to read the sequel Captivate to see what lies next for Zara.

No comments:

Post a Comment