Thursday, September 2, 2010

Welcome Back!

I know this post is overdue, but I wanted to welcome everyone back to school!  Here at Hunt, we are starting a new year in a new school with new traditions, ideas, and staff.  So far, we have been having a GREAT time!

Here are a few highlights of the library.
1.  Every student who was here the first week of school got to come to the library and get a book.  What a fantastic way to start a year!
2.  We are doing self-checkout this year.  It's been a learning process for everyone, but it looks like it will be a great asset to the library.
3.  I'm the librarian!  Ms. Smith

A little bit about me...
-I LOVE to read!
-I LOVE to travel!  (I've been to England, Ireland, Scotland, the Netherlands, France, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, the Bahamas, all over the U.S.A., El Salvador, Costa Rica, Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, and Ecuador.)
-My favorite place was Easter Island.
-I've been dog sledding on a glacier.
-I've jumped out of an airplane.
-I've stood in two hemispheres at once.
-I enjoy playing softball and volleyball.
-I speak enough Spanish to embarrass myself.
-I'm a terrible speller and had to ask how to spell embarrass.
-I LOVE to read!

Stay tuned to the blog for book reviews, pictures of library events, and other library-related news.

No comments:

Post a Comment