I, Q by Roland Smith
Summary (from Booklist)
Thirteen-year-old Q (short for Quest) has just gained a stepfather and stepsister—his mother, singer-songwriter Blaze Munoz, has married singer-songwriter Roger Tucker, and their new band, Match, is set to start a yearlong tour. Roger’s 15-year-old daughter, Angela is, like Q, less than thrilled at the speed of their parents’ romance, and both teens have mixed feelings about the prospect of spending a year together on a tour bus. But there’s no time for grousing: the teens discover they are being followed, and given Angela’s mother’s past history as a Secret Service agent, that’s not a good thing. The appearance of Boone, an old roadie friend of their parents, only keeps the mysteries building. Q’s skills as a magician save the teens more than once, while Angela’s knowledge of martial arts and spy games will fascinate readers.
Personal Thoughts
I really enjoyed this book! It kept me guessing and turning the pages. I recommend this to anyone who enjoyed Percy Jackson or is looking for a Spy/Detective novel. I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series, The White House.

No comments:
Post a Comment