High Heat by Carl Deuker
Summary (from book jacket)
Like the game of baseball, life is quirky and unpredictable, as Shane Hunter discovers in the spring of his sophomore year. Suddenly and without warning, his life of privilege is turned upside down. And just as suddenly, life begins to seem utterly without fairness or purpose to him. From a star pitcher to being unsure of himself on the mound, Shane has to try to overcome his doubts and try to find redemption through baseball.
Personal Thoughts
I'm a baseball fan, but not a FAN. I enjoy watching a game on occasion but don't follow it religiously. In spite of this, I enjoyed this book. There was some baseball lingo that I just didn't understand and sometimes I felt like the baseball play-by-play was a little long-winded. However! If you like baseball and know what a leadoff home run and a DH are you will love this book. It's easy to read and has a great back story as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment