Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hunger Games

As with most middle schools, we have a major fan-base for The Hunger Games trilogy.  It stirs everybody up!  In fact, the reason I haven't been posting was because I was re-reading the series before I saw the movie.

Well, series = re-read.  In order to celebrate our most favorite book becoming a pretty darn good movie (if you don't mind me sayin' so!), we threw a party!

When people (students and teachers) arrived, they were given a Hunger Name.  These were fun!  Some examples are: Jaymes Rabbledeen, Tobee Thistlemitch, Regret Gristledeen.  After that, they were invited to guess what the Capitol (Ms. Smith) put in Katniss's backpack, enjoy the "Feast," practice Weapons Training, or watch the Capitol Broadcast.  We talked about our favorite quotes from the book, whether we were Team Peeta or Teem Gale (Teem Peeta, thank you!), and how we felt about the trailers playing on the Capitol Broadcast.

We had SOOOO much fun!  I'm ready for Catching Fire.  It's a shame it's a year away!

I'll upload some photos when I'm on my other computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment