Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cinder

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Summary: Cinder (16 yrs old) is a cyborg and an especially talented mechanic in New Beijing long after WW IV has ended.  When Prince Kai shows up at her booth to fix an android that contains a "matter of national security," Cinder is suddenly thrown into a world of intrigue and mystery as she struggles with the Plague, Luna royalty, and who she really is.

Thoughts:  This is a futuristic Cinderella tale.  It was a little difficult to get into at first, but once I did it swept me away.  This book would've been a five-star had the ending not been disappointing.  It's almost as if the author decided that she didn't know how to end it so I'm going to make it flow into the next book.  *sigh*  I hate that!  Hopefully the sequel will resolve some of the final "issues" that were left hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment