Monday, January 3, 2011

The Roar

The Roar by Emma Clayton

Summary (from book jacket)
Mika lives in future London, behind The Wall, safe from the Animal Plague beyond.  Or so he's been told.  But ever since Ellie vanished a year ago, he's suspected his world may be build on secrets - and lies.  When a mysterious organization starts recruiting mutant kids to compete in violent virtual reality games, Mika takes the chance to search for his twin sister - and the truth.

Personal Thoughts
I really enjoyed this book.  It was a fascinating read...it was also a completely scary because I could see it happening in the future if we're not careful.  I think Clayton did an excellent job of weaving this particular tale.  Like many of the other books I read over break, I'm wondering if there will be a sequel.  And, yes, it is called The Whisper and is due out in Fall 2011.  I'm excited to read it and see how Mika and Ellie work through the Secret and find out what lies beyond The Wall.  Highly recommended for fans of Sci-Fi and Dystopia.

No comments:

Post a Comment