Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Fallen

Fallen by Lauren Kate

Summary
There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.


Peronal Thoughts
Hmmmmm.  I didn't love the book, but I didn't hate it.  I kept wanting to find out what exactly was going on...What big secret was Laurent Kate keeping from us, the readers?  Well, I had it figured out but was sure there had to be something more.  This novel left a lot of my questions unanswered.  Why did Cam need to be involved in all this?  What makes Luce and Daniel so doggone special?  And the list goes on, but I don't want to spoil.  I also had a hard time connecting with any of the characters.  They just didn't seem as developed as I would have hoped.  I know this is (will be) a trilogy so I'm intrigued to read the sequel The Torment.  Hopefully that will clear up some of my confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment