Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment  by James Patterson

Summary
Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, the Gasman, and Angel are six kids who are 98% human and 2% bird.  But otherwise, they're pretty normal.  Raised in a lab like rats in a cage, they're now free thanks to their father-figure Jeb who sprung them from "The School."  Now they are being pursued by Erasers - wicked, wolf like creatures who work for the School.  The flock's missions are to rescue Angel from the School, track down their missing parents, get revenge on a traitor, oh, and save the world.

Personal Thoughts
I picked this book up because it was popular with the kids and I like to know what they're reading.  I was not looking forward to reading it, however.  I delayed and delayed.  I picked it up on Sunday morning and COULDN'T STOP READING!  Wow!  I've read a lot of other James Patterson [adult] books and this outshone them in terms of action and intrigue.  Plus, all of the characters seemed richly developed.  Now I'm invested.  I have to know what happens in the next book. 

*Highly recommended

No comments:

Post a Comment