Thursday, March 3, 2011

QR Codes

Have y'all ever seen those crazy box-things that are black and white and strange-looking?  Kind of like this?

QR code to take users to
Neal Shusterman's website
Well, if you're like me, you knew they were like barcodes but didn't have a clue what to do with them or how they worked.

I was listening to my tech person discuss this nifty word wall and how the kids in her class would see the word and be able to scan this code and go out onto the internet to find more information about it.  All you need is a smart phone with internet access and a camera.  Wow!

So, after hearing this I was reminiscing about how awesome that would have been when I taught Spanish.  My tech person promptly gave me suggestions on different ways to use them in the library.  Needless to say, I jumped on it!

We're having Neal Shusterman visit our school.  I created a QR code that takes kids to Shusterman's website and put it on display.  So exciting!  I plan on using this a LOT more in the library.  So many of the kids have smart phones...Let's play to their love of technology and incorporate books and library as much as possible!

Library display incorporating the QR code above.

No comments:

Post a Comment